Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Adelaide

Adelaide is beautiful -- it's like a larger version of Santa Barbara. Flinders University, where I gave a seminar to undergraduates, is up on a hill on the outskirts of town, and looked very much like UCSD, UCSB, or UC Santa Cruz. It was a cloudless, warm day. In the afternoon, I took the tram from the city center to the beach. When I got off the tram, a group of Chinese tourists saw me with my camera, and asked me to take their picture (using their own cameras so everyone would be included; I guess they figured I knew how to take a photo). They were very appreciative; one guy smiled at me and kept saying "nice man, nice man."

Tomorrow is my public lecture at the University of Adelaide, and then dinner with the Fulbright alumni.

The only downside is that the Packers got crushed, 31-9. Adam is in a sour mood as a result (and he remains very unhappy that the Packers traded Samkan Gado to the Texans; he has yet to realize that it's a business). The kids are sad that they couldn't come with me. I do miss them and Susan when I travel by myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home