Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Australian Electoral Commission

Met with staff from the Australian Electoral Commission, the national agency that runs all aspects of elections: administration, redistricting, campaign finance reporting and disclosure, voter registration, etc. It's one of the more highly regarded government agencies, and is known world-wide as one of the best and most professionalized election entities anywhere. I'll be seeing them again, and may be able to conduct some research using ballots before they are thrown away. They also said that if I could make it over for the federal election, which will take place next Fall, I could be a part of an international observer group to see how things happen. Anybody got $20 so I can start the fund? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Now if I could just fiigure out the Single Transferable Vote. . . e=mc**2 * pi/fermat-dx, or something, converted to Celsius, or maybe Kelvin. Hmm. That doesn't look quite right. Maybe I have to divide by 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home